Hair transplant procedures are used to create a fuller look on the head that may be balding or thinning due to a variety of factors, including stress, diet, aging, illness, medications, or genetic factors. The majority of men go through hair loss around their 30s or 40s. Hair transplant procedures help people who have hair loss problems to gain their confidence back with a couple of simple steps.
There are two main techniques doctors use in hair transplantation: FUE and DHI. Both methods follow a professional procedure, which consists of taking hair follicles from the back of a head and transplanting them on the balding areas. The difference between these two techniques is while FUE procedures require manual implantation by a professional, DHI procedures require a specially designed pen for implantation. Both procedures use the individual hair follicles from the back of the client’s head.
Differences Between FUE - DHI Techniques
• The main difference between the two techniques lies beneath the implantation technique. While DHI procedures can be completed with an implanter pen, FUE procedures require opening canals to implant hair follicles manually.
• The hair shaving process is not needed in DHI procedures as the implanter pen can open canals by itself. This makes DHI technique preferable by women as well.
• DHI technique can be applied in a shorter amount of time as there is no need to open canals to implant hair.
• DHI technique requires a shorter period of healing time as there is no small incision while FUE technique needs more healing time.
• When both techniques are considered, FUE procedures are more affordable.
Both procedures are performed under local anesthesia to reduce discomfort during the session. Most people do not state any pain after the procedure, but if you feel uncomfortable, you might take a painkiller for the first day.
More Details on Hair Transplants
You can go back to your daily life after a week, but in the meantime, you should be very careful about protecting your head from direct sunlight. Exercising is not recommended during the healing period as it causes sweating, which affects hair follicles.
It is very normal to experience hair loss during the first couple of weeks. When newly planted hair falls off, it creates space for new hair. It is recommended to be patient during hair transplant procedures as the final result might show up after 8 to 10 months from the procedure.
Do's and Don'ts After a Hair Transplant
• It is advised to sleep with your head elevated to reduce the risk of swelling.
• If there are bruises or swelling, it is recommended to apply ice compression to the affected area.
• You shouldn’t wash your hair within the first 48 hours after the procedure.
• Once you start to wash your hair, you should be very gentle. It’s better to use natural shampoos and soaps and not use hair sprays or other conditioners.
• If your hairline is newly created, it is recommended to sleep on your back as sleeping face down might affect the hairline.
• Drinking and smoking prolong the healing period, and it’s better to have a balanced diet.
• You should hydrate your body during the healing period, so it is advised to drink enough water.
For more information about hair transplantation, you can contact Gotocure.