Hair transplant procedures are used to create a fuller look on the head that may be balding or thinning due to a variety of factors, including stress, diet, aging, illness, medications, or genetic factors. The majority of men go through hair loss around their 30s or 40s. Hair transplant procedures help people who have hair loss problems to gain their confidence back with a couple of simple steps.
There are two main techniques doctors use in hair transplantation: FUE and DHI. Both methods follow a professional procedure, which consists of taking hair follicles from the back of a head and transplanting them on the balding areas. The difference between these two techniques is while FUE procedures require manual implantation by a professional, DHI procedures require a specially designed pen for implantation. Both procedures use the individual hair follicles from the back of the client’s head.
Differences Between FUE - DHI Techniques
• The main difference between the two techniques lies beneath the implantation technique. While DHI procedures can be completed with an implanter pen, FUE procedures require opening canals to implant hair follicles manually.
• The hair shaving process is not needed in DHI procedures as the implanter pen can open canals by itself. This makes DHI technique preferable by women as well.
• DHI technique can be applied in a shorter amount of time as there is no need to open canals to implant hair.
• DHI technique requires a shorter period of healing time as there is no small incision while FUE technique needs more healing time.
• When both techniques are considered, FUE procedures are more affordable.
Both procedures are performed under local anesthesia to reduce discomfort during the session. Most people do not state any pain after the procedure, but if you feel uncomfortable, you might take a painkiller for the first day.
More Details on Hair Transplants
You can go back to your daily life after a week, but in the meantime, you should be very careful about protecting your head from direct sunlight. Exercising is not recommended during the healing period as it causes sweating, which affects hair follicles.
It is very normal to experience hair loss during the first couple of weeks. When newly planted hair falls off, it creates space for new hair. It is recommended to be patient during hair transplant procedures as the final result might show up after 8 to 10 months from the procedure.
Do's and Don'ts After a Hair Transplant
• It is advised to sleep with your head elevated to reduce the risk of swelling.
• If there are bruises or swelling, it is recommended to apply ice compression to the affected area.
• You shouldn’t wash your hair within the first 48 hours after the procedure.
• Once you start to wash your hair, you should be very gentle. It’s better to use natural shampoos and soaps and not use hair sprays or other conditioners.
• If your hairline is newly created, it is recommended to sleep on your back as sleeping face down might affect the hairline.
• Drinking and smoking prolong the healing period, and it’s better to have a balanced diet.
• You should hydrate your body during the healing period, so it is advised to drink enough water.
For more information about hair transplantation, you can contact Gotocure.
Anyone between the ages of 20 and 65 who has thinning or hair loss for any reason can have a hair transplant. Not only men but also women can have hair transplantation. In order for hair transplantation to be performed, there must be sufficient hair follicles in the nape area, which is called the donor area.
Anyone between the ages of 20 and 65 can have a hair transplant operation.
There is no definite information about the effect of age factor on the success of hair transplantation.
The duration of hair transplant operations is between 3 and 5 hours.
Thanks to the developing technology and health science, the techniques used have reduced the pain of the hair transplant process. In order to reduce the pain, modern hair transplantation techniques such as FUE and DHI should be preferred.
There is no need to stay in the hospital after the hair transplant operation.
New hair starts to grow within the first 2 months. Your new hair will grow at a rate of 60% in 6 months and 90% in 1 year.
Hair loss is also problem for womens. The complaint of hair thinning is increasing day by day. Womens may seen hair thinning problems due to hormonal irregularity, malnutrition, iron deficiency, anemia and menstruation. With hair transplantation, women can have lush hair.
Clinic selection is very important. The most important mistake made in the selection of the clinic is to decide only by looking at the price. However, the quality of the clinic, the level of expertise of the doctor is more important than the price of the hair transplant operation. The following items are important in clinical selection;
1. The clinic must be authorized to perform that procedure by the competent authority of the country where it is located. Make sure that the clinic is authorized by the Ministry of Health in the Republic of Turkey.
2. Hair transplantation is a kind of surgery. Every surgery can have complications. Note that the clinic does not have the ability or organization to interfere with these complications.
3. Make sure that the hair transplant operation is performed by a doctor or under the supervision of a doctor.
Hair transplantation is a plastic surgery operation. It is a kind of surgery. It is suitable to be done by a specialist doctor or under the supervision of a specialist doctor.
After hair transplantation, mild headache, redness and mild edema may occur in the transplantation area.
After a few weeks, itching and temporary shedding are often seen.
Your doctor will inform you about these complications during the operation. It is important to be in constant communication with your doctor during this process.
The transplanted hair is your own natural hair. Hair follicles in your nape area are transplanted.
Hair transplant is an plastic surgery procedure.
There may be a loss of your newly transplanted hair 3 weeks after the operation. This is normal, but it is not seen on everyone.