Bonding is a method in which bonding composite filling materials are applied to teeth in order to make them look aesthetic. As it eliminates tooth defects without the requirement for any treatment on the teeth, it is a common preference in dental surgery.
Bonding can be applied when there are small splits between the teeth and when there are notches on the teeth. Besides, it may be a good choice to fix undesirable changes in tooth color and deterioration of the general appearance of the teeth.
The Advantages of Bonding
The most important advantages of the bonding process can be listed as follows:
• No preparation process is required before the bonding process.
• It can be applied to those who have gaps between the bonding teeth without cutting the side teeth.
• No process such as cutting teeth is applied during bonding.
• Teeth that turn yellow over time may appear white again with the bonding method.
• Bonding can be more affordable than other methods for dental aesthetics.
• It is possible to apply this process more than once because it is very unlikely to damage teeth.
The stages of the bonding process, which takes about 30 - 60 minutes, can be explained as follows:
• First of all, the right color choice is made by the patient and the dentist.
• Anesthesia is not used in the bonding process and it can be completed in one session.
• The tooth surface is made rough for the bonding process.
• Then the medical material needed for bonding is applied to the teeth.
• The composite bonding material adheres to the teeth and this material is hardened by laser technology.
• The bonding process is completed by final shaping and polishing.
The bonding process is a long-lasting procedure that does not cause any pain and endures an average of 5-10 years. In addition, the pregnancy period is not an obstacle to this procedure. Therefore, bonding is a frequently preferred treatment method.
For more information about dental treatments, you can contact Gotocure.
Bonding is a word of English origin and means to stick, to fasten. Bonding is an aesthetic method applied to make the teeth look aesthetically pleasing. Bonding is the name given to the process of bonding composite filling materials to the teeth.
Bonding application is not an application that causes pain. However, it is important that the bonded tooth is not decayed. An experienced and specialized dentist will pay attention to this.
Bonding is an aesthetic procedure that is done without any intervention to the teeth and without abrasion of the teeth. One of the most important principles of bonding procedure is not to damage the teeth.
The life of the Bonding depends on the skill of the dentist, the quality of the material used and the use of the person. The life of the materials produced with the latest technology is between 5 and 10 years. But it doesn't matter, bonding procedure can be renewed.
The process usually takes between 30 and 60 minutes.
You can return to your daily life immediately after the procedure.