What is Lasik?
Lasik treatment is the healing operation of the eye horn. Lasik treatment is an operation to improve the vision by applying “Excimer laser” to the lower part of the cornea by removing a thin layer from the front of the cornea without a blade, with a laser. with Lasik treatment;
– Astigmatism problems can be treated.
After this operation, the eye number is stabilized quickly. The possibility of the eye returning to its old number is negligible. With this operation, both eyes are operated on at the same time, there is nothing wrong with this. After this operation, the patient does not need to be hospitalized. After the necessary examinations, the patient can be discharged. Patients who have undergone Lasik operation can return to their daily lives within 24 hours.
What is the Difference Between LASIK and LASEK?
The Lasek technique is the “excimer laser” application process, which is applied without removing the thin layer on the front surface of the cornea. Lasik treatment is an operation to improve the vision by applying “Excimer laser” to the lower part of the cornea by removing a thin layer from the front of the cornea without a blade, with a laser.
- The condition of the cornea is not the only criterion between two applications.
- Both treatment options can be applied to patients.
- After LASEK treatment, the duration of vision may be longer by 4-5 patients compared to LASIK treatment.
- There may be some pain in the eye after both operations.
What are the Advantages of Lasik and Lasek Surgery?
Lasik and Lasek Surgeries are a treatment method used in the treatment of eye disorders such as hyperopia, myopia and astigmatism and performed entirely with computer control and the latest technological system. The advantages of Lasik and Lasek Surgeries are as follows;
- Lasik and Lasek Surgeries are completed in a short time.
- Lasik and Lasek Surgeries take 15-20 minutes.
- Laser application takes 20-30 seconds.
- It is the most applied type of laser surgery in the world.
- Operation is done with the latest technology tools.
- After Lasik and Lasek Surgery, the use of glasses and lenses is terminated.
- It is used in the treatment of refractive errors such as astigmatism, hyperopia and myopia with these operations.
- It is the most effective and reliable way used in the treatment of visual defects in the eye.
- There is no change in the anatomical structure of the eye after the operation.
Who is LASIK Treatment Applied to?
Lasik and Lasek Surgeries are up-to-date and technology-supported surgeries. Lasik and Lasek Surgeries may not be suitable for every eye structure, because Lasik and Lasek Surgeries regulate the focusing of light on the retina by reshaping the corneal layer in the outermost part of the eye. To whom Lasik and Lasek Surgery can be applied are as follows;
It is applied to patients who have completed the age of 18 and over the age of 18.
· Your glasses and lens numbers should not be progressing.
· To understand that your eye structure is not suitable for treatment, you should have a comprehensive eye examination.
The thinness of the corneal layer is one of the most important criteria here.
· Eye surface maps are prepared for the examination of the eye cornea. With these maps, the measurement of corneal thickness is examined.
What is Wavefront LASIK treatment?
Classic LASIK treatment is used in the treatment of refractive eye defects. These refractive eye defects are as follows; myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. These eye disorders are not limited to these refractive eye defects. Just like fingerprints are private, eye swapping is just as personal. The eye cornea contains fine optical details. In Wavefront LASIK treatment, these eye defects are detected down to the smallest detail with telescopic imaging technology. After the finest details of the cornea of the eye have been determined, a patient-specific treatment plan is created by coordinating the tools to treat these defects. With the Wavefront LASIK treatment method, there is a high probability of successful visual results. Wavefront LASIK treatment especially;
– Patients with night vision problems
– Patients who are disturbed by the reflection of light
– It gives more effective results in patients who are disturbed by the scattering of light.
We recommend that you read our “ILASIK Eye Treatment” article for your curiosity about eye health.