What is Bonding?
Minor tooth damage is important for both smile aesthetics and oral health of the person. These tooth damages need to be treated. If you also have minor problems such as tooth breakage or separation between teeth, the bonding application is just for you. You can read what you wonder about the bonding application from the article below. We wish you healthy reading!
What is Dental Bonding?
Bonding application is an application made of composite coating, which is generally applied in the case of teeth of patients with gaping teeth, renewing decayed and broken teeth, changes in tooth structure, or color change of teeth. Bonding application is a preferred method when porcelain is not applied when tooth fractures occur. While a treatment method applied by sticking to the surfaces of natural tooth structures is used to repair the discoloration and deformities of the teeth, stains on the tooth surfaces are also treated after this application. If half of your tooth is broken, you can easily choose the bonding application. It is an application performed in a single session, without feeling any pain or ache. Bonding application can be used as a supportive application after braces treatment, that is, orthodontic treatment.
How is Bonding Applied?
Bonding is a knee correction treatment that can be applied in a short time and is applied without pain and pain to the patient. Bonding application is applied by physicians upon tooth fractures and the patient’s desire for longer teeth. Bonding is done by following the steps below. These stages are;
• First of all, tooth color is determined.
• After the tooth color is determined, the patient’s tooth surfaces are roughened.
• After the teeth are roughened, a material is placed on the tooth surface to hold the bonding application on the tooth surface.
• The prepared bonding composite material is applied to the tooth.
• Laser light is applied to harden this adhered composite material.
• After the bonding composite material adheres to the tooth surface, the material is shaped.
• After shaping, the tooth surface is polished.
The duration of the bonding application varies between 30 minutes and 60 minutes on average. The quality of the material used during the bonding application and the experience of the dentist will increase the duration of use of this application.
Who Can Have Bonding Application?
Bonding Application, dental bonding application can be applied to patients of all ages and any patient with aesthetic concerns. It can be used to eliminate all kinds of aesthetic concerns and defects. Bonding Application is made individually for all patients who are not satisfied with their teeth in filling treatments. The characteristics of the patients who can be bonded are as follows;
• Patients who are not satisfied with their tooth color and tooth shape and want to change it,
• Patients who want to enlarge their teeth and eliminate the defects in their teeth,
• Patients with broken teeth,
• Patients with dental caries,
• Patients who have asymmetry in tooth lengths and want to resolve this problem.
bonding can be done. You can decide with the doctor whether the Bonding Application is suitable for you only after a doctor’s control.
How Long Does the Bonding Application Take?
Bonding Application depends on, the number of teeth to be made, and on the damage status of the teeth, the application time may also differ. If we need to generalize this situation, if the duration of bonding is limited to 2-3 teeth, it can vary between 1 hour and 1.5 hours, and bonding application is a treatment method that can be applied in a single session. In addition, the duration of the bonding application may vary depending on the practice and experience of the dentist, and the condition of the clinic applied. However, 30-40 minutes can be determined for a single tooth. you should visit the dentist every 6 months to control your bonding application status.
What are the Advantages of Bonding Application?
Bonding is not just a method used to repair broken, decayed, or stained teeth. At the same time, this method is also used by aesthetic dentists for smile design. So it has multiple advantages. The advantages of the bonding application are as follows;
• It is more economical than other dental aesthetic treatments.
• Helps repair broken teeth healthily.
• When it is in natural tooth structure and form, it is not noticed from the outside.
• Protects teeth against staining.
• Although it varies according to the pain and pain threshold of the person, this can be applied without the need for tooth numbing.
• It gives the person confidence.
• It offers a quick solution to tooth wear.
• Treatment methods such as root canal treatment and orthodontic treatment can be easily preferred by people who have had bonding applications.
What Should Be Considered After Bonding Treatment?
As there are points to be considered after other dental treatments, there are also notes to be considered after bonding treatment. If you pay attention to some criteria, you can increase the life of your treatment. In addition, you protect not only the duration of use, but also your oral and dental health. The points to be considered after bonding treatment are as follows;
• It is necessary to pay attention to regular oral and dental care.
• Hard foods should be avoided.
• When cleaning teeth, a suitable toothbrush and toothpaste should be used so that there are no scratches or abrasions on the tooth surfaces.
• You should quit your habits such as nail-biting and pen biting. If you do not stop these habits, you will shorten the life of the Bonding treatment.
What are the Bonding Cost Application?
Bonding cost Application varies according to the institutions where the bonding Application is made. In other words, different fees are determined for bonding practice in private practice and different in hospitals. Pricing policies vary according to such situations. Therefore, your doctor will inform you of the most accurate price. To have information about more detailed treatment methods and the costs of these treatment methods, you can get more information about the bonding clinics in Turkey and Istanbul and the fees of the bonding application on our website.