How to do hair transplantation? What are the methods?
Approximately 53% of hair transplantation treatments are applied in Turkey. That’s why we have compiled information about hair transplant treatment for you. We wish you healthy reading.
What is Hair Transplantation?
There are many reasons for hair loss. These reasons may be due to both hereditary and environmental factors. Hair transplantation treatment can be defined as a natural and permanent treatment application of hair loss or baldness problems. It is a method of transplanting hair follicles that have lost their vitality and active hair production to the place of unhealthy hair follicles with micro-surgical application methods. In short, hair transplantation is the addition of the patient’s healthy hair follicles to the areas of shedding and baldness. Hair transplantation treatment is planned and applied individually. For hair transplantation treatment, hair follicles that will not fall out from the nape area, are collected and placed in the thinned areas. The most important goal in hair transplantation treatment is to eliminate baldness or thinned appearance and make the application in a natural way that will not reveal the hair transplantation. Hair transplant treatment is a minor surgical operation, so hair treatment should be performed by a specialist and experienced doctors and physician teams.
What are Hair Transplant Methods / Techniques?
The success rates of hair transplant treatments are increasing day by day. Hair transplantation methods are determined according to the patient’s needs and health history. Therefore, hair transplantation treatment is planned and applied individually. Only the physician can decide which method will be applied to which patient. Hair transplantation methods and techniques are as follows;
- Robotic Hair Surgery; In this hair transplant method, hair follicles are collected by the hair transplant robot. The channels where the hair follicles will be transplanted are also opened with robots. Hair transplantation is performed manually.
- Sapphire FUE Hair Transplantation; In this hair transplantation method, sapphire tip pens are used during the grooving process. The most important feature of this method that distinguishes it from other methods is that it allows more micro-channels to be opened. The opening of the micro-channel accelerates the healing process.
- DHI (Unshaven) Hair Transplantation; In this hair transplant treatment, channels are opened using medical pens called “Choi”. Hair transplantation takes place at the same time as the channels are opened.
- Normal FUE Hair Transplantation; Hair follicles collected using micromotors are transplanted into manually opened channels.
How is Hair Transplantation Applied?
Hair transplant treatment is a microsurgical application. There are 3 basic stages of hair transplantation. Hair transplantation treatment is applied as follows.
- Collection of Hair Roots; The donor area where the hair follicles will be taken is prepared for the procedure. Afterward, hair follicles are collected with the FUE engine. in this stage, it is really important not to damage the collected hair follicles. These hair follicles taken are called “grafts”. These roots contain an average of 2-3 hairs.
- Opening of Channels; It is necessary to open a channel suitable for the size and length of the hair follicles to be transplanted. The most important point to note here is that the channels are opened in the right size and length because opening the channels in the right size and width affects hair regrowth.
- Transplantation of Hair Roots into Opened Channels; this is the last stage. The hair follicles collected here are transplanted into the opened hair channels. Hair transplantation is placed one by one at 40–45-degree angles.
To Whom Hair Transplantation is Applied?
Hair transplantation treatment can be applied in hair deficiencies that have baldness problems or appear to have thin hair due to hair loss. However, to benefit from a hair transplant treatment service, you must meet certain criteria. These criteria are as follows;
People who lose their hair due to genetic or hormonal reasons,
Patients who have previously undergone hair transplantation treatment but are not satisfied and whose hair thinning continues,
People who are not satisfied with their existing hair density and who have tried many treatment methods for hair loss/hair thinning, but have not benefited,
Patients who do not have time for long-term hair care and hair therapies,
Those who have baldness problems due to a burn or a wound on the scalp,
In patients who have lost or thinned hair due to different health problems
They can benefit from hair transplant treatments.
Hair Transplantation does not apply to whom?
Whether or not the hair transplant will be done is related to the patient’s health history, so after the doctor’s control, you should have the blood tests and other tests that the doctor wants you to do. If these examinations show roughness, you are not suitable for hair transplant treatment. Hair transplantation treatment is not applied to the following people;
Those with chronic diseases such as heart, sugar, blood pressure, kidney and liver failure,
- Cancer patients,
- People with panic attacks,
- Pregnant women,
People who do not have hair follicles, that is, who are completely bald,
HIV positive and hepatitis C positive patients,
Patients with signs of hemophilia in blood tests,
- Persons under 20 years of age,
People born without congenital hair
Hair transplantation treatment is not applied. Only the physician can determine the patients who are suitable or unsuitable for hair transplant treatment. Therefore, we recommend that you consult a specialist in hair transplant treatment before hair transplant treatment.
What Should Be Considered After Hair Transplantation?
Since hair transplantation is a surgical procedure, there are points to be considered after hair transplantation. The points to be considered after hair transplantation can be grouped under three headings. These titles are as follows;
- Bandage removal and First Wash; The doctor should remove the bandages 2-3 days after the operation. After removing the bandages, the important thing is the hair washing process. In this process, it is the shampoo and washing method in which the hair will be washed. The point we talk about as a hair washing method is not to damage the hair follicles and to be sensitive.
- Sexual intercourse and Sport; The common point of sexual intercourse and sports is sweating. Sweating has negative effects on the development of hair follicles and the healing of wounds. Attention should be paid to the activities in which sweating is seen the most, as these are two activities.
- Use of Alcohol and Cigarettes; Alcohol and smoking delay the healing of wounds. Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to the use of alcohol and cigarettes after hair transplantation.
How much Does a Hair Transplant Cost?
Hair transplantation cost, Hair transplant cost varies according to the institutions where you have hair transplantation. In other words, hair transplantation application is different in private clinics and different fees are determined in hospitals. Pricing policies vary according to such situations. Therefore, your doctor will inform you of the most accurate price. To have more detailed information about treatment methods and the costs of these treatment methods, you can get more information about hair transplant clinics and hair transplant fees from our website.