Braces are generally thought to be a preferred method for people entering the age of puberty. However, the number of adults who do this practice is quite high. People often choose to wear braces because of its physical benefits. Braces provide both psychological and physical benefits in the long term. In this article, we will give you information about the benefits of braces.
Long-Term Benefits of Braces
• Braces ensure that your lower and upper teeth are compatible. With compatible teeth, you can get healthier bites and have a diet that does not harm your digestive system.
• The braces provide correction of the alignment of the jaw. Overcrowded teeth or improper positioning of the jaw can cause some speech impairments.
• Regular teeth are easier to maintain than irregular teeth.
• Having proper teeth ensures that person’s self-confident.
• If the teeth are not regular, it is easy for plaque and food particles to get trapped between the teeth. Therefore, your gums will be healthier after braces.
• Irregular teeth can damage each other and you can get rid of it with braces.
• There is a decrease in cases such as teeth grinding and rubbing.
• Injuries from protruding teeth or hitting teeth are reduced.
When Should I Get My Child Braces?
Dental examinations of children up to the age of 7 are recommended by experts. Braces for children are applied in different stages depending on the developmental stage of the child’s teeth. There are applications such as first braces and traditional braces. The treatment can take between 9 and 30 months depending on the situation.
Braces can also be used in adulthood. However, it can become a more difficult procedure as the age progresses. It is more appropriate to wear braces up to the age of 25. In cases aged 45 and over, braces are still applied, but it is known that there is difficulty compared to previous ages.
Invisible braces (Incognito) have also been used frequently today. These braces are placed at the back of the teeth and are not visible in the front. People who do not want the braces to be visible may prefer these braces. It is especially preferred by patients in adulthood.